Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the leasing office located?

The main post leasing office is located at 426 Souter Place, Fort Liberty, NC 28307. The Linden Oaks leasing office is located at 1 Hilltopper Street, Cameron, NC 28326.

When can I apply for housing?

Service members are eligible to apply for on-post housing once they have received notification of assignment to Fort Liberty. Official orders are not required in order to apply for housing, but will need to be turned in prior to move-in. 

What are the requirements for housing eligibility?

You are eligible for Privatized Family Housing at Fort Liberty if you are an active duty service member assigned to an installation within 50 miles of Fort Liberty/Pope Air Field and have a minimum of 12 months remaining. Service members can be placed on the wait list once your orders to Fort Liberty/Pope Field or a duty station within 50 miles have been received.

What documents are required to accept housing?

Orders to Fort Liberty, end of month LES showing full BAH (if not receiving BAH, a completed 5960 would also need to be submitted), DD1172-2 (DEERS) form, DA31 showing the service member has cleared the previous duty station, and current renters insurance with the Fort Liberty address. If the service member is unable to be present at time of move in, their spouse is able to accept the home on their behalf as long as the spouse has a current specific power of attorney to accept military housing with the DFAS clause. Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a special power of attorney, which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you at Fort Liberty, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start / stop your allotment for housing.

Are dual military couples qualified for family housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-post housing at Fort Liberty if:

  • Both service members will be assigned to the same installation within 30 days of one another.
  •  A service member assigned to Fort Liberty/Pope Air Field has other dependents listed on his/her DEERS Enrollment Form who will be accompanying the service member to the installation. The BAH will be taken for the senior ranking service member at the Fort Liberty "with-dependent" rate. The remaining BAH is yours to keep.
Dual military service members need to submit separate applications to avoid delay in processing.  The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member.  

How do I submit an application?

To apply for housing, please use our online application process. Once an application is received, our leasing staff will review and place it in a Pending Arrival Status. We will then contact you to assist in completing housing eligibility requirements, including supporting documents, to ensure that your family has a seamless move to Fort Liberty. 

Can my spouse apply for housing on my behalf?

Yes, a non-military or dual military spouse may apply for housing on behalf of the sponsor/senior service member. The non-sponsor submitting the application must be named on the sponsor's special power of attorney (POA).  This POA must have the DFAS clause allowing them to start and stop allotments on the service members behalf. This document must be presented to the Corvias Leasing Center. Please note that dual military service members should submit separate applications to avoid delay in processing.

Do military members have to pay a security deposit?

No security deposit is required

Do I need to obtain renters insurance?

Yes, service members are required to have renters insurance prior to moving into their home. Please contact the Corvias Leasing Office for current information about Renter’s Insurance coverage and requirements.

I am a single service member with one child. Am I eligible for on-base housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members with legal dependents. The application, along with all other required documents, must be accompanied by a current court order (copy) indicating custody of the dependent(s) has been granted to the service member.

Once contacted, how long do I have to respond to make a move-in appointment?

You will have 24 hours to make your decision. If you accept the home, you will be responsible for the prorated rent amount for the remainder of the current month and any pet fees and deposits that may apply.

If we are in a lease and retire prior to the end of the lease will we have to stay in housing?

No. The lease allows for termination in the event of PCS orders, ETS or retirement. If you retire prior to the end of your lease, please contact a member your Community Office. 

What type of documentation is needed to apply?

No special documentation is needed to apply however, before taking possession of a home we will need the following: PCS orders, copy of most recent Leave & Earnings Statement or DA5960 and DEERS form. You can find your DEERS on your AKO account under My Family, My DEERS.

Explain Rent Allotment?

The rent allotment will equal the your BAH entitlement for your rank for the period of time you reside in family housing. The allotment will reflect any BAH increases or decreases you incur.

How long will my application remain active once submitted?

Incomplete applications can be accepted and held for a maximum of 30 days. Incomplete applications that have expired will be shredded for security. 

I am dual military. Are there any special instructions I should be aware of?

Dual military families are eligible for on-post housing. If both service members are stationed at Fort Liberty, both service members should complete the application. Once assigned to a home, the lease will be placed in the senior ranking service member’s name. Upon move in we will pull the with dependent rate from the senior ranking service member.

Will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application has been received and approved by our Leasing Center, you will be placed on the appropriate housing waitlist. Submitting an application does not guarantee that a home will be available when you arrive. Housing availability is dependent on many factors including the number of families leaving and incoming to Fort Liberty, the total inventory of homes that meet your rank band and bedroom needs. We recommend checking in with your Leasing Consultant thirty days prior to your arrival for an estimated wait time if you have not been assigned a home yet.

How is rent determined and how will I pay it?

The amount of rent for a home is based on the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) as established by Army guidelines. Your rent will be paid automatically on the first of each month through an allotment to housing which is established by signing the Resident Occupancy Agreement. Rent is collected in arrears, meaning it is paid on the 1st of the month for the previous months’ rent. For example, the allotment we receive on October 1st is applied to September’s rent. 

I am a single service member expecting a child, am I eligible for on-post housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members expecting a child. Please contact the office from information regarding documentation required, move-in eligibility, and BAH/rent rate information. 

Who determines Key & Essential positions for housing?

Fort Liberty Garrison Headquarters makes this determination.

What type of dependent documentation is needed house my family?

Army - DD 1172, Navy - Page 2, Air Force - Orders or DD1172, Marine Corp - DD1751, Coast Guard - CG4170

Why do I need to submit a DA31 Form?

The DA31 Form (or its equivalent for non-Army branches of service) must be provided as confirmation that the incoming service member has completely cleared his/her last duty station. Clearing confirmation is required in order to sign a Corvias Occupancy Agreement and take possession of a home. This requirement is not applicable to service members who have been signed into Fort Liberty/Pope Airfield for more than 30 days. 

How is the application eligibility date determined?

Eligibility date is determined by the date that the application for housing was submitted.

How will I know what homes I qualify for?

Your pay grade and the number of dependents will determine the size of your home, as well as the pay grade of the home you will be placed in. The pay grades for on-post housing are as follows: Junior Enlisted (E1-E5), Senior NCOs (E6-E8), Command Sergeant Major/Sergeant Major (E9), Company Grade (WO1-CW3, O1-O3), Field Grade (CW4-CW5, O4-O5), Senior Grade (O6) and General/Flag Officers (O7-O10).

What happens if someone has the same eligibility date as me?

If someone has the same eligibility date, date-of-rank will be the secondary factor regarding placement on the list. The earlier date-of-rank will be placed first. If the date of rank is the same, date of entry into service will be used.

What determines the list I am placed on?

Your pay grade and the number of dependents will determine the size of your home, as well as the pay grade of the home you will be placed in. The pay grades for on-post housing are as follows: Junior Enlisted (E1-E5), Senior NCOs (E6-E8), Command Sergeant Major/Sergeant Major (E9), Company Grade (WO1-CW3, O1-O3), Field Grade (CW4-CW5, O4-O5), Senior Grade (O6) and General/Flag Officers (O7-O10).

What happens if I decline a home?

If an offer is made and you decline the home after viewing it, your eligibility date will change, and you will go to the bottom of the wait list. If availability allows, you will be given the opportunity to look at more than one home. After a third declination, you will be removed from the wait list and will need to reapply for housing.

Once placed on the wait list, may I transfer to a different list?

If the service member elects to change wait lists, the requests must be made within 30 days of initial placement on the wait list in order to maintain the original housing eligibility date. Requests to change wait lists after 30 days will result in an eligibility date change to the current date of application.

Why does my position keep going up on the housing list?

Fluctuation, up and down, of your housing list position is common. In fact, you may see your position change several times prior to your arrival. When your housing list position increases, it means a service member applied with an earlier eligibility date and was placed above you on the housing list. Applicants in the top ten percent of every list are locked into their position and their position will not increase even if someone with an earlier eligibility date applies. 

If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

Once your application and all supporting documentation has been received and approved by our Leasing Center, you will be placed on the appropriate wait list. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status.

Is there a waitlist on newly constructed homes?

Yes, waiting lists are now open for several recently constructed home types.

If I get an off-post lease, can I stay on the list?

Yes. You can inform our Leasing Center team of the date your lease expires. We will note the date in your file as your availability date. Pending availability of homes, we will contact you with a home offer within a month of your availability date. 

Are documents required to obtain placement on the waitlist?

No, documents are not required to be placed on the waitlist. The documents will need to be submitted prior to moving into a home.

May I request placement on more than one waitlist at one time?

Service members may occupy only one wait list at one time.

I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the waitlist?

EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on Fort Liberty housing wait lists.

How are wait times determined for on post housing?

Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change; however, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing Center for updates. If a preference of floor plan or community is given, your wait time could be extended past the given estimate depending on current availability.

Where do I stay while I wait for housing? Is there temporary housing?

Corvias does not provide temporary housing for service members waiting to be placed in on-post housing. Temporary lodging at Fort Liberty is available through Fort Liberty Army Lodging (, and is contingent on space availability. 

How can I check my current position on the waitlist?

Please contact the Leasing Office at (910) 495-0878 for updates.

Can I get priority placement on the housing list?

Your initial position on the housing list is determined by the date you submit your application. Deployment or returning from a non-restricted overseas tour does not give you priority placement or affect your position on the housing list. 

Can you tell me more about the lease agreement?

Each service member living in family housing is required to sign a lease. The lease is valid for 12 months and renews month-to-month unless PCS, ETS or retirement orders require earlier termination. A power of attorney must be provided by the spouse if a service member is not available to sign. The power of attorney must contain specific wording. Please contact the Community Office for details if the service member is not available to sign. It is accompanied by a Resident Responsibility Guide (RRG) that outlines policies, responsibilities and expectations when living on-base. 

I am a dual military household. Whose name will my housing lease be under?

​The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member. Both service members sign the lease.  

When will I have to sign the lease agreement?

Incoming families will sign the lease when a house is accepted.

I've lived off base for a year now, and want to apply for on-base housing. Who will pay for my move?

The government pays for one move when assigned to the installation. Any subsequent moves are the resident's responsibility.

Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a special power of attorney, which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you at Fort Liberty, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start/stop your allotment for housing.

Who will pay for my move if I am doing a voluntary on-base move?

The service member will be responsible for the voluntary intra-post move.

Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

As of March 8, 2012, Garrison Transportation policy states that military families with PCS orders qualify for one government-paid move from the previous duty station to the Fort Liberty/Pope Air Field area. This change applies to both Transportation moves as well as "DITY" moving expenses. Thus, if moving directly from the previous duty station into on-post housing, the move will be paid for by the government. However, if moving locally from off post into on-post housing, the moving expenses will not be paid for by the government. This change applies even if on-post housing was not available at the time of reporting to Fort Liberty/Pope Air Field. Local medically directed moves and moves by "key and essential" personnel into on-post housing will still be funded by the government.

Are pets allowed in family housing?

Yes, Fort Liberty is a pet-friendly installation. Exotic pets such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to aggressive breeds to include full or mixed breed Pit Bulls, Staffordshire Terriers, Chow Chows, Doberman Pinchers, Rottweilers, Wolf Hybrid, Great Danes, Presa Canarios, Akitas, Malamutes and Mastiffs are prohibited from Fort Liberty / Pope Air Field family housing areas. Please review the Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing Center can provide you with a copy of this policy. If the service member or family member has an assistance animal, they can request an assistance animal accommodation packet to submit with their application.

Do homes have fenced in back yards?

No. Residents who elect to have a fence must purchase or rent it at their own cost. Due to fencing policies, prior approval from Community Management must be obtained before erecting a fence. Residents will reach out to one of the approved fencing companies for an estimate. The fencing company will provide the estimate to the resident. The resident will provide the estimate from the fencing company to their community center. Once the request is approved, the community center will email the approval to the resident.  The resident can then reach out to the fencing company to schedule installation. Fencing does need to be removed prior to moving out of the home.

Are utilities included with my BAH?

The Department of Defense has required the Army to reduce its energy consumption by 20 percent. To help meet this goal and to encourage families to conserve, the Army has initiated the Live Army Green Utility Program to include all on-post homes. For homes enrolled in the program, the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) will continue to cover electricity costs up to a certain baseline amount established each month for a particular home type. The amount the home's utility usage falls above or below the monthly baseline will determine whether the resident must: a) receive money back as a rebate; b) must supplement energy costs; or c) do nothing. Eventually, all on-post homes will be enrolled in the program. On average, approximately 85 percent of families fall into the categories of "No Action Required" or "Rebate" and only 15 percent of families receive an energy supplement bill. As a result of the Live Army Green's proactive approach, on-post housing electric consumption has decreased by an average of 15 percent per unit in the last year, and gas consumption has decreased by an average of 17 percent per unit in the last year.

What amenities are within the home?

Fort Liberty homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. Garbage disposals and ice makers are available in select homes. The homes also feature full-size washer / dryer hookups. Corvias also offers free lawn care, trash/recycling, home maintenance and access to our Community Centers and pools

Are homes furnished?

No, the houses are not furnished. 

How do I request home modifications or accessibility features to accommodate a family member with a medical condition?

All home accessibility or modification inquiries should be directed to the Leasing Office. Once you have completed the application, we will work with you on an individual basis to meet your needs.

Does Corvias take care of home maintenance?

Yes. Corvias provides 24-hour-a-day, seven day-a-week maintenance on all homes. We are dedicated to providing great customer service to you and your family. When you submit a service request, one of our professional maintenance technicians will respond, including for emergencies that occur after hours. We have an established track record for exceeding military family's expectations.

Is there a self-help store?

Yes, there are two locations for grass seed and mulch. The Corvias Maintenance Warehouse is located at 51 Skytrain Drive and is open Friday 2:00pm-4:15pm. Linden Oaks residents can obtain grass seed & mulch from the Lodge community center located at 1 Hilltopper Street on Friday from 2:00pm-4:15pm.

Is pest control provided?

Yes, pest control is included. Please contact your Community Office to schedule an appointment.

Does Corvias provide lawn care?

Yes. All lawn care and landscaping will be provided for homes and common areas. We also have a 'no mow' program for individuals who want to maintain their yards themselves. Please contact the management team at your Community Office there for more information.

Do military members have to pay for trash service?

Trash service is included in the rent

Will Corvias meter all utilities?

The utilities that will be metered include electric and gas. Water and sewer utilities will not be metered. New and renovated homes will have meters installed during construction or renovation

I currently provide, or would like to provide, childcare in my home. Who do I contact?

Yes. You may contact your Community Office for the necessary forms.

Am I allowed to have friends or relatives live in my home?

Guests are permitted to visit and stay in the home for up to 30 consecutive days in a 12-month period. Guests residing in the home more than 30 days must be approved and registered as a Bona Fide Guest by the Community Manager. Only the authorized occupants of the home as stated on the Residential Occupancy Agreement are permitted to live in the home, with the exception of approved Bona Fide Guests of the home. 

Can I hang pictures or paint the rooms?

Yes, we encourage you to make the house feel like your home. Residents are allowed to hang pictures and other wall hangings. Painting the walls is allowed with prior approval; however, you will be responsible to paint the walls with enough primer to cover the color prior to moving out of the home

Are pools, swing sets, or trampolines allowed in the yard?

Swing sets, other children's recreational equipment and trampolines are allowed in your backyard. Trampolines must be staked into the ground, have a safety net and residents must receive written permission from the Community Office prior to any equipment being installed. Any portable play equipment should be stored at the rear of the home when not in use.

Wading pools that are 12 inches or less in height and no more than 10 feet wide may be used in the back of the home. Pools should be dumped every evening and stored at the rear of the home. 

Are BBQ grills or fire pits allowed?

The use of resident owned fire pits is prohibited. Barbecue grills are allowed in residential areas. Barbecue grills should be monitored while in use, be at least 25 feet from any structure and may not be used under carports, patios or in enclosed areas. When not in use (and cooled) barbecue grills should be stored in an area not visible from the front of the home. 

Does Corvias provide air filters?

Yes, replacement filters are available free of charge from your Community Office and should be changed monthly. If you prefer to have your filter changed for you, please call your Community Office to arrange for a maintenance technician to visit your home. 

Do I have reserved parking? Where can I store my boat?

Except where specifically designated, parking for residents on common roadways, parking areas or parking lots is not reserved. Parking in driveways, under carports or garages is specific to the residents/guests of the home. Recreational vehicles may be parked in garages as long as the garage door can be completely closed. Recreational vehicles such as campers, boats, trailers, etc. may not be permanently parked, left overnight, stored on the streets, stored outside of a garage or under a carport, in driveways, yards or parking lots in any housing area. 

Is there a recycling program?

Yes. Corvias residents have the opportunity to recycle household items with a convenient, curbside recycling program. Please have BLUE can to the curb before 6am on Monday mornings.